The Dr. Darrell “Jack” Holley/MUSIC Scholarship application (click here) is now available. Six $2,000.00 scholarships (non-renewable) will be awarded to students who graduate in 2018 from high schools in MUSIC member districts. The funding of the scholarships is provided by proceeds from the golf tournament and corporate donations. Slater High School is a MUSIC member district.
The scholarship information is included with the application. Only ONE application from our district is to be submitted. This nomination must be a student graduating from a Missouri public high school.
Completed applications must be returned to Mrs. Castle by Tuesday, February13th, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. to be considered. One SHS senior will be chosen from the applicants and sent to:
Mark Stockwell, Executive Director
12444 Powerscourt Drive, Suite 500
St. Louis, MO 63131
ATTN: Scholarship Application
by February 17th, 2018.
The following guidelines will govern the scholarship program.
1. The public high school you attend must be in a district that is a current member of MUSIC, unless a K-8 district nominates you.
2. Only ONE application from each high school is to be submitted.
3. The application form must be postmarked by February 17, 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
4. All applications must be (typed) printed. No handwritten applications will be considered.
5. A copy of your official high school transcript (based on seven semesters) including your ACT or
SAT score needs to accompany your application.
6. Your application packet should include a letter of recommendation from a district administrator,
counselor or teacher (submit only one (1) letter).
7. The recipients will be posted on the MUSIC website (http://www.musicprogram.org) by April 14, 2018.
8. The scholarship will be sent directly to the recipients once proof of paid college tuition is provided.